Friday, August 22, 2008

Today was a good day....... well, Kinda.

So I woke up this morning unusually happy. I mean, I always wake up happy, but this morning was like, extra. I sang every song on the radio on the way to work, and I didn’t yell “ IT’S THE PEDAL ON THE RIGHT” to the slow driving senior citizen in front of me holding up traffic with their left turn signal on , which was bad cause left was not an option. I even curled my hair this morning, which is unusual for Friday. I went to the grocery market, made me a salad then went to do some banking… now that’s grown up!. Usually when my day starts off like this, I always think back to what my grandmother used to say “ too much laughter brings tears ” … and its been sooo true… every time I have a good day, I end up crying that night. So today I said to myself “ I’m gonna have a good day no matter what, noooooooo body is gonna make it bad for me” so when I said that, I found a dollar flying around in the bank parking lot.. I took it and bought a lottery ticket from the machine and won $2! Then I got to work and waiting on my desk was a note and smart water (my favorite water) and a note that said “I’m sorry for being a ass the other day, you always look really nice and you deserve a real compliment”… so I smiled… and said thanks, instead of “ yeah… I thought so” … I sit at my desk, boot up the PC and open my email to ………… “Chavi will be covering for Mike Pezner, she will be completing all SISO documentation. She will also be checking all voicemails. Chavi can be reached at EXT 6230”…………….. Pissed. Let me explain why.. I work in a call center, where I have 40 technicians that I schedule daily. I’m constantly on the phone with them and I dont have extra time for NOTHIN. Get this… I am the scheduler for SAN FRANCISCO BAY!.. Not even the DYT… so its HELL, cause most of my techs are Mexicans. So I find myself answering my phone “ Hola, Chavi” .. Now you want me to cover another area ON TOP OF MINE.. And there’s a lady in my area that has NEEEEVER covered for anyone!.. so yeah……… Pissed. But you know what…. I’m gonna exhale, eat my salad, listen to some music and thank God for my job……… im still gonna have a good day.

No comments: