Tuesday, August 19, 2008

… The move


You can move from your family, your friends, your job, your spouse even your old neighborhood. So my question is… Can you move from yourself?

Call me “The Mover”… I’ve moved 3 times in the last 4 years. Oh, but it gets better! I’ll be moving this year too! Sad huh? You would think I was running from someone. I look at my friends and wonder “what the hell is my problem” they seem to have their shit together… I’ll give you the scoop on what I mean.

(I will not use real names but they’ll know who they are)

Friend number 1: Albany, she’s a power house when it comes down to getting it done! She purchased a HOUSE! For her and her children... yeah she ran into a few issues, and she had folks telling her not to move. But she did what she thought was best for her and her kids. She’s making due with what she has, and allllllllways pays her bills on time! She always finds a way out of NO WAY! Weird huh? But true. I’m sure she’s had to make some tough decisions in her life. But the main thing is, she never moved away from herself….

Friend number 2: Nevada, She can turn water into wine! She’s made a few moves and in my opinion she’s lived in some of the coolest places ever... Her surroundings make you fell soooooo comfortable. She’s the ultimate bachlorette! I know I long for that feeling of being free! And she has it. She gives new meaning to the word “carefree”… not that she’s not responsible, cause that she is… its just, she’s always so care free about everything, and never seems to be stressed out about the small stuff… and get this, she has RMA (arthritis) she has eeeeeeeeevery right to complain.. But she lets that slide.. she never moved away from herself…

Friend number 3: Toledo, She seems to always have it together … she made a HUGE move. She made tons of sacrifices… not only did she leave her friends, but she left her family too… she moved to a NIIIICE apartment in the sky.. She has NO ONE there with her and she never complains. She always has a positive attitude and is known as the “peace maker”… she moved to follow HER dream… any you wanna know what’s most impressive……. she never moved away from herself..

Friend number 4: Japan, she has the ability to make any situation turn around. She lived in a place where she was clearly not welcome, but you know what? She did what she had to do.. Worked 2 jobs EVERYDAY… not to mention she worked 2 jobs while pregnant. Talk about inspiration. She moved from her hectic living situation and now she’s living is one of the most beautiful homes I’ve seen… through out all the changes, drama, problems and pain, she held it together. She never moved away from herself…


So what’s my problem? Why cant I seem to have it together… for so long I thought I was doing something and I wasn’t doing shit!.. I always wanted to be the one my friends admired, looked up to and seek advice from… I cant even give advice to MYSELF!.. It makes me wonder how I’m even able to have friends like these.. They’ve all been in life changing situations and somehow they’ve maintained who they are… I can only hope my next move will bring me back to who I am… I feel like I’ve evicted myself from myself (weird huh?) but its sooo true. I don’t feel like me. So, this time, I’m going to leave all the old stuff behind, and be that girl who lived in the One bedroom apartment, and loved any and everything Hello Kitty, and im gonna burn ever oil, candle, and insents, I can find… im gonna buy all the bath & body I want and make chicken spaghetti everyday!.. I’m gonna clean my house 5 times a day and lay in my Indian palace every chance I get. I’m gonna wear feet pajamas on my birthday and im gonna play dance dance revolution anytime I want!....... know why?.... cause that’s me.

No comments: